The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a; implemented by DOE regulations at
10 C.F.R. §1008),
allows individuals to learn how records containing personal information are collected, maintained, used, and disseminated by the Federal government.
It permits an individual to gain access to personal information maintained by an agency and to seek amendment of any incorrect or incomplete information.
It also provides certain safeguards for the protection of this information.
Privacy Act Requests must:
1) be in writing and signed by the individual requesting the information;
2) be identified as a "Privacy Act Request";
3) include the identification information required by
10 C.F.R. §1008.4;
4) specify if possible the title and identifying number of the DOE system of records;
5) provide any additional information that will aid Southwestern in responding to the request; and
6) indicate if appropriate, the time, place, and form of access sought.
Additionally, requests should be as specific as possible. Generally, any Privacy Act request that
meets the basic requirements will be responded to within 10 to 20 working days.
FOIA/Privacy Act Officer
Southwestern Power Administration
One West Third Street
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74103-3502